The BabyNest was designed to make life easier for new parents and their babies! BabyNests can be used anywhere your baby is resting. Having their own Nest, will help them settle easier especially in new environments as they will quickly recognize the smell and feel of their nest. BabyNests are not intended for Infant Sleep.
History of the BabyNest
BabyNests are a European invention that has been used for decades and are now being mass produced and sold worldwide. They are even so common in Europe that they can be found in almost every children's store. Ashley was the first maker in Canada to start selling Nests in 2013. She designed her own unique chevron quilted resting space to secure the padding in place to unsure the consistency of firmness for safety recommendations over time.
WHERE AND WHEN TO USE A NEST
- You can use your Nest virtually anywhere around the house, or bring it with you wherever you go! It is perfect for travelling as your little one can rest anywhere stress free!
- Toddler size WilderNests are perfect for camping, or any type of travel as they are also lightweight and easily pack in to any travel bag or backpack.
- Our BabyNests and Toddler size Nests fit perfectly into any standard sized suitcase or backpack with ease!
PERFECT FOR SUPERVISED
HOW DO I WASH MY NEST?
Your Nest is fully machine washable and dryer friendly! I recommend that you untie the knot at base and ensure the Nest is lying flat before placing it in the washer. You can spot clean where needed but for general washing I suggest using the gentle cycle on your washer at 40°C. Do not bleach. You can use the air fluff cycle on your dryer of lay the Nest flat on top of a dry towel to air dry. This will enable you to reshape any of the stuffing of the bumper arm if necessary.
Washing Machine Instructions
- Gentle or Delicate Wash
- Cold Temperature
- Medium Spin Cycle
- Small Wash Load
- Use these settings for either lightly soiled or heavy soiled nests.
- Use only mild detergents!! Oxy or similar products may cause discolouration.
- Remove Nest Immediately after Washing
- If you choose to Tumble Dry on low keep a close eye, as it will not take long for the Nest to dry.
Safety Insert Instructions
Our New Removable Safety Inserts were designed to enclose the base of the Nest while using the Nest tied or untied. It is removable as your little one grows or if you chose to use the Nest laying flat.
1. Ensure that your little one’s head is always positioned at the top of the Nest at all times as shown in the image below. When the Nest is used untied and laying flat, always ensure the cord ends are pulled in entirely. Never leave your little one under the age of 1 unsupervised while using the Nest.
2. To use the Safety Insert simply attach the top 2 rows of snaps to the resting space of the Nest, followed by the 2 bottom snaps of the Insert to the base of the Nest.
3. You can now choose to shape the Nest by tightly tying the cord or leaving it untied and tuck the remaining cord out of your little one’s reach as shown in image below:
4. You can also use your Nest reversed with the Safety Insert in place as shown here:
5. Follow the following photo closely:
SAFETY CONCERNS + IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Designed with safety as a priority BabyNests and WilderNests were designed with your Little Ones health and safety in mind to make life easier for you.
I check the quality of all the Nests before shipping to ensure that no seams are loose, that no stuffing can escape, and that everything is safely attached if your little one was to start pulling/sucking any part of it. The rope is just long enough to tie up at the bottom, but once open (laying flat) there should not be much rope sticking out, however it may stretch slightly over time.
When In Use:
- Baby's head should be positioned at the top of the Nest at all times and away from strings.
- When the Nest is open always ensure the strings are pulled in entirely.
- Place Nest on a flat surface and away from any edge that it could fall from.
- Do not place close to fire.
- The Nest is not intended as a toy.
- Soft objects such as stuffed toys and pillows should be kept out of the Nest.
- SIDS recommendations for safe sleeping should always be followed.
Time to get serious here for a second because we all know the importance of safety where our little ones are concerned. BabyNests are not intended for Infant Sleep!
Health Canada Guidelines:
- Babies should never be left unattended in baby nests, nor should the nests be placed inside another product, such as a crib, cradle, bassinet or playpen.
- Baby nests should never be placed on standard beds, water beds, air mattresses, couches, futons or armchairs. Placing a baby nest on these soft and uneven surfaces can further increase the suffocation risk.
- The safest place for a baby to sleep is on his or her back, alone in a crib, cradle or bassinet that meets current Canadian regulations.
- When buying a product for a baby to sleep in, it is important to keep the following in mind:
- A baby's sleep surface should be firm and flat.
- Products with soft surfaces or padding should be avoided.
- Products with attached cords, strings or ribbons pose a strangulation risk.
- Large openings or gaps in a baby's crib or other sleep environment are unsafe.
- Health Canada does not recommend bed sharing or products that are intended to be placed in the adult bed, or attached to the adult bed, because of the risk of suffocation and entrapment. Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada recommend room sharing, using a crib, cradle or bassinet next to your bed, as a safe alternative to bed sharing. Research has shown that it is beneficial for babies to share a room with one or more caregivers, as it may reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
At LoveBird BabyNests we strongly believe in the durability of our products. Every product goes through a thorough examination before leaving for their new homes.
If a product is determined to be defective in workmanship or materials, LoveBird BabyNests will repair or replace your product free of charge (shipping fees may apply) up to 6 months from the date of purchase. To initiate a warranty claim, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This warranty does not apply to normal wear or damage from misuse, abuse, improper storage and handling (washing), installation, accident, unauthorized repair, or alteration.
I hope that you love your BabyNest! I am all for making life as a parent easier, so please don't be afraid to contact me with your feedback! I will take it all in, and you can trust that! Please don't forget to share your story with me! I would love for you to post pictures on my Facebook page or use the #lovebirdsewingco tag on Instagram! It brings me much joy to see all of your Nests in use!